This is a one-step, no-mess recipe to roast a delicious and juicy chicken breast to use on its own or in other recipes (soups, salads, etc.)
Use organic chicken if possible.
Also, be green- this recipe can be cooked in a toaster (or convection toaster) oven. It’s actually faster; since it takes much less time to heat a smaller oven.
For a well seasoned chicken, be a bit generous with salt and pepper.
|Chicken Breast (with skin and on the bone)||1 Whole Breast|
|Olive Oil||1 Tbsp|
|Herbs d’ Provence||1 Tbsp|
|Salt & Pepper||to taste|
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 375 °F.
- Line a shallow oven safe dish/tray with parchment paper/aluminum foil.
- Cut the garlic crosswise in half and place cut side up in the middle of dish.
- Wash and towel dry the chicken.
- Brush the chicken breast on top with Olive Oil.
- Mix Herbs d’ Provence, Salt and Pepper and rub on both sides of chicken.
- Place the breast on top of the garlic pieces and bake for 30-40 minutes.
© 2010, livingamused. All rights reserved.