Those who know me are aware of the fact that my forte does not lie in doing the same routine or traveling the same route.
Every one in my family is absolutely in love with fresh eggs. Whenever we make it to my sister’s place in Upstate New York, the very first thing is to buy farm fresh eggs. In my constant search to bring new life to the same old ingredients -including the beloved egg- I developed this amazingly simple, yet delicious and impressive egg recipe. It can be breakfast, lunch or dinner and anything in between. Three bonuses to go with it: Zero Starch, Very Little Fat & Next to Zero Clean Up!
|Large/Extra Large Eggs||3|
|Sharp Cheddar, sliced thin or grated||2-3 Tblsp(or 8 small thin strips)|
|Parmesan, shaved or grated||2-3 Tblsp|
|Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half||8-10 Pcs|
|Frisee, Lettuce & Radicchio/Cabbage (combination or any of them), chopped||¼ Cup|
|Mint or Cilantro (Optional), Chopped||1 Tblsp|
|Baking Powder||½ Tsp|
|Salt & Pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable/Olive Oil Spray|
- Preheat the toaster/convection oven to 400F.
- Spray 2 ramekins lightly with vegetable oil. If using parchment (for ease of clean up & storing), size and cut to fit the ramekins (does not have to be perfect). The oil will help parchment to stay put and cling to the sides and bottom of dish.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over the bottom of ramekins.
- Spread the greens on top of the first layer followed by Cheddar Cheese and half of the tomatoes.
- In a cup or bowl, mix eggs, baking soda, herb/s, salt and pepper and gently pour intp each dish.
- Place the remaining tomatoes topped with the rest of cheddar cheese and place in the oven.
- Bake for 5 minutes on 400F. Then lower the temperature to 375F and cook for another 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Place on a plate and gently remove the parchment.
Fork in and enjoy on its own or with a slice of bread.
P.S. You can also double or triple this recipe and bake in a medium size casserole dish to feed larger crowds.
© 2010, livingamused. All rights reserved.