Just lovely… I am published in the fantastic Vogue Knitting magazine 😀 !
Isn’t that just fabulous????
Vogue Knitting magazine, Spring/Summer 2011 issue which is due to hit the Newsstands on March 8th features my design called “Triangle Top” (Pattern #19). It is my first design to be published in Vogue and I am delighted, thrilled, overjoyed…
Every designer is steered by her/his unique fashion take and vision. My design philosophy hierarchy is as follows:
- Practicality> I don’t believe in knitting things that have no or very little use. After all the work we put into our knits, they must fully be used and enjoyed.
- Simplicity> Unless the yarn demands it, I prefer simple and straight forward designs.
- Seamless-ity> I love knitting in the round and often employ grafting, 3-needle bind off and any technique to avoid stitching pieces in place at the end. I believe the resulting garments are more durable, comfortable and the general pattern is more fluid.
- Unique Stitching> Whenever possible, I do like to build my designs around less commonly used stitches. I actually play a lot with my needles (in a good way, I mean) and like to make my own stitch patterns.
- Colorful> I do appreciate solids, but love to work with colors and use them to create form and design.
I am proud to say that the Triangle Top closely follows the above criteria:
this top is beautifully practical; it is so simple and fast to knit that you get to wear it right away; the vertical triangular shape elongates the torso and horizontal triangles as positioned, give waist and bust definitions. There are only 2 small side seams to sew, the straps and edgings beautifully frame the top and lastly, its colors exude Summer and Spring.
Have I been successful in raising your curiosity? Well then, you get to preview it before the general public. Check it out:
What do you think? I have also posted it on Ravelry (my profile is under” LivingAmused”). If you are a member and like this pattern, please give it your “heart” by adding it to your “Favorites” on Ravelry. Here is the link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/triangle-top
I have also started a Forum on Ravelry for this pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/patterns/topics/1545291
Thanks a million.
P.S. For more pictures of other patterns in this upcoming issue, visit Vogue Knitting website.
© 2011, livingamused. All rights reserved.